Sunday, April 17, 2016

It is OK to Talk to Your Children

This weekend I had the opportunity to travel down to North Caroline to stay with a friend and to participate in a kind of satellite retreat.  She owns the rights to the Brave Writer conference videos from last year and so we watched them together with some other Brave Writer mamas.

This graph is a recreation of my favorite takeaway from this weekend.  I was just telling my mother last week how many times the kids and I have lost track of time absorbed in great conversation and then felt like we'd gotten "off track".  This was a great reminder that conversation isn't "off track" - it's kind of the point!

If you'd like to read a little more about the set-up, you can find a summary of the event here written by our amazing hostess!  (Pictures include me taking a "screen shot" of the TV with my phone and all of us enjoying a yummy lunch on the screened-in porch!)

I hope to blog more this week about some other good, encouraging tidbits.  If you'd like to keep up, please either subscribe to the blog or sign up for notifications on the blog's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hswotrainingwheels.  You can also follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hswotrainingwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment