Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Wisdom is the Principal Thing

Today I am guest blogging over at They Call Me Blessed for Ana Willis' "31 Reasons We Love Homeschooling" Blog Party!  Come check out the fun ...


Our family has been homeschooling for a little over seven years.  We now have four "school aged" children and three others waiting in the wings.  So, what gets me out of bed, day after day?  Why have we chosen this lifestyle for our family?  Many of the previous posts in this blog party have hit on some of our top answers.  We, too, want strong family relationships.  We want to raise children who have a hunger for knowledge and who are able to be self-directed in their learning.  We love the freedom and flexibility that homeschooling offers and the opportunity to tailor what we do to meet the needs and gifts of each of our children.  But if I had to pick one overarching reason why we love homeschooling, I guess I'd have to go with the motto that my husband chose for our homeschool:

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom.  And with all your getting, get understanding."
~ Proverbs 4:7

(Follow me over to They Call Me Blessed for the rest of the post ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment